Topic Tidy-Up

Kevin Futter

Hi everyone,

I've just done a quick spring-clean of the General Discussion area, as I realised that there were a few posts here that really belonged elsewhere in the forums. To that end, I've moved a few out of here to the areas they more appropriately belong. If possible, I'd like to reserve the General Discussion area for off-topic posts and threads, that don't otherwise relate to the core business of the site.

And on that note, if you feel you'd like to make a post relating to scale model paint masks, but can't see anywhere else but General Discussion to put it, let me know, as it may be a sign that we need to either expand or refine our existing forum sections. In other words, I'm open to suggestions to improve the structure and content of the forums.

Kev

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I did wonder whether it would be worth having a "suppliers reviews" thread or area somewhere, where people who have bought a cutter and had good service/value (or otherwise) from their supplier could share their experiences. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mozart said:

It’s always worth reading and sharing places where you get good, reliable and prompt service Mike, so I think it’s a worthwhile idea. Any thoughts Kev? 
Max 

Let me think about this one. Topics such as what you guys are suggesting tend to be time-sensitive, and posts can go stale pretty quickly. I think perhaps broadening the idea to a general Reviews section might work better; that way, members can post reviews of whatever they feel is relevant: hardware, software, consumables, suppliers, etc.

Kev

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevin Futter said:

Let me think about this one. Topics such as what you guys are suggesting tend to be time-sensitive, and posts can go stale pretty quickly. I think perhaps broadening the idea to a general Reviews section might work better; that way, members can post reviews of whatever they feel is relevant: hardware, software, consumables, suppliers, etc.

Kev

That seems eminently reasonable.

• Like 2