what settings for oracal 810

mdb

Hello to you all

i have problems with the settings to cut this mask.

Already have tried difrent setting but it whont work for me.

The mask is comming off the paper when i cut

other atemt it whas not deep enough

Any sugestion

i work with the cameo 4

Thanks MDB

Hello mdb,

You can create a new material and name it Oramask 810 or whatever. In the area where the settings are, click "MORE". At the bottom of the list are + and - signs, click +. You can make settings and then save them for future selection.

I've used 810 and I'm also using Artool Ultramask. 

AutoBlade

Depth 2

Force 6

Speed 5

Passes 1

Accel. 1

Dave

• Like 4

Hmmm, that sounds strange. Are you sure? What kind of blade?

I'm adding some photos here. Two of the photos point out something I did with my first attempts to cut masks which left the appearance of not cutting.

1. This is an AutoBlade and the little tool will loosen or tighten the bottom of the blade housing. It's useful to clean out little bits that might become stuck inside the blade. When you take the end off the AutoBlade housing, the blade is visible.

spacer.png

2. If you're not using an AutoBlade for Cameo 4, you will have to manually set the depth of the blade.

3. The 'handle' that I have hold of, is the latch for the blade. Note that looking in the small hole in the first picture it is black and in the second picture it is green. Green means it is latched. The first couple cut attempts, I didn't realize this is a latch and when the machine did it's thing for setting the blade depth, it just pushed the blade upward and the blade barely touched the mask material.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4. something else to point out, the AutoBlade movement in total is 1mm. That means each depth setting 1,2,3, etc. is adjusting the depth by 0.1mm or 0.004".

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hats off to you, Dave, for that in-depth advice!!!👍  Nicely done.

mdb - checking that the blade is fully down and locked, as Dave explained, seems pretty basic :classic_unsure: ... but I've suggested doing that more than once in  my small hobby group.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 9:13 PM, denders said:

Hmmm, that sounds strange. Are you sure? What kind of blade?

I'm adding some photos here. Two of the photos point out something I did with my first attempts to cut masks which left the appearance of not cutting.

1. This is an AutoBlade and the little tool will loosen or tighten the bottom of the blade housing. It's useful to clean out little bits that might become stuck inside the blade. When you take the end off the AutoBlade housing, the blade is visible.

spacer.png

2. If you're not using an AutoBlade for Cameo 4, you will have to manually set the depth of the blade.

3. The 'handle' that I have hold of, is the latch for the blade. Note that looking in the small hole in the first picture it is black and in the second picture it is green. Green means it is latched. The first couple cut attempts, I didn't realize this is a latch and when the machine did it's thing for setting the blade depth, it just pushed the blade upward and the blade barely touched the mask material.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4. something else to point out, the AutoBlade movement in total is 1mm. That means each depth setting 1,2,3, etc. is adjusting the depth by 0.1mm or 0.004".

Dave

Thanks for that info.

And yes i didt another cutting with this settings and no cut

I have to lower to 5 before it cuts

so im realy thinking its the cutting tool

Now im going to wait until new one is here and try with that.

Mdb