Chris Hobbs Posted September 6, 2020 Share Posted September 6, 2020 Created masks for the airbase and commander codes ("SP" and "52FW") to replace the included decals. Everything else is decal. Things that worked well: scanning the original decals and using them to align replacement text in Inkscape. Also scanned the painting/decal guide from the kit, scaled it to fit, and cut the mask to align with edges of the stab and panels. Love that the color matches the body color perfectly, unlike the original decal, for example the "AF91-352" bit. Things I need to work on. I must have laid the paint on too thick, as I ended up with fairly obvious ridges. I either need to use less paint or figure out how to feather it into the layer below. I also made some simple masks for wheels, the formation lights below the stab atop the fuselage, and the air-refueling door. Loved being able to quickly and accurately create these with the Silhouette. Overall, pretty happy with how this kit turned out, and looking forward to being more creative with masks in the future. 5 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.