Which machine?

zaxos345

Good morning gents,

John from Greece, (a.k.a zaxos345 as an LSP member)

I found a real deal on a used cameo portrait 3 machine, here in Greece and i want your opinion...is it enough power for custom masks on vinyl???

You see its dimentions are perfect for my available room in my cave!!!

Thanks,

John

John,

I assume you mean Portrait 3 and not Cameo 3 - correct? (You said "cameo portrait 3")

The Portrait 3 is great for vinyl masks, but not sure what you mean by "enough power". The machine easily cuts vinyl, and if wanted, the carrier also.

Since the Portrait is relatively inexpensive, I would buy a new machine (which comes with a warranty and no risk of unknown problems) rather than take a chance on a used one. You'll be liking and using the machine for a long time! 👍

Gene K

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your answer Gene!!

Yes i mean Portrait 3 not cameo, the machine i found is lightly used and almost 1/3 of the price of the new one, here in greece (almost 300 euro with the shipping costs, shipped to my town) so i think i will take my chances!!!

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeneK said:

I understand, so Good luck!

The new Portrait 4 will "only" cost a reasonable $200 here in the US. Unfortunately, it sounds like Silhouettes cost more in Europe ... for whatever reason.

Gene K

Gene you are lucky ones over there!!! Some years ago i would order it directly from the US, nowdays that is ''forbitten'' due to the high shipping rates and customs!!

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!!!

John

• Like 1