AutoCAD conversions, possible?

Jagdtiger46

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, Jagdtiger46 said:

I tend to use AutoCAD (2005, not LT), quite frequently, and was wondering if my drawing files could be easily interpreted/converted by the various cutter software programs.

Thanks a bunch,

I don't have my cutter yet but have been playing with the software. I have Design CAD and have been making drawings in that and exporting them as JPG files which open right up in the free Silouette program with no upgrades. I used to work with AutoCAD but don't remember if it will export JPG.

• 10 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, AlbertD said:

I don't have my cutter yet but have been playing with the software. I have Design CAD and have been making drawings in that and exporting them as JPG files which open right up in the free Silouette program with no upgrades. I used to work with AutoCAD but don't remember if it will export JPG.

This is in response to an old post, so may have already been addressed elsewhere. You can open jpg as well as other raster files in Silhouette Studio, but you will then have to use the Trace portion of the program to make cut lines -- which you'll have to refine. Better to export a vector file from your CAD program and insert into Studio to get perfect cut lines without tracing. See here for file info as regards Studio.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK