Greetings from Virginia!

The Builder Axe

Hello, all!  A few weeks ago it dawned on me that if I could cut my own paint masks for my airplanes I would not only save money in the long run, but up the quality of work.  So I went out and bought a Silhouette Portrait 3...and imagine my surprise when I searched the Internet for model airplane mask-cutting info and found this wonderful site!!!  LOL, and I thought I was the first person to think of cutting my own masks 🙂  I am really excited to join your community, and look forward to sharing my new adventures in model airplane mask cutting!

• Like 3

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  Over the weekend I downloaded some of the Studio files on here.  None are for airplanes I am working on or have in my stash at the moment, but tomorrow I will cut a few of them to see if I have my Portrait 3 set up correctly and to learn how to use the cutting mat and Oramask 810.  Silhouette Studio is completely foreign to me, so I am guessing that my first few independent/original mask making projects will end poorly.  If I have successfully cut the downloaded files I will at least know the mistakes in my original work are on my end, and not because of a dysfunctional machine 🙂. I will let you know how it goes!

• Like 2