Tamiya 1/32 F-4 thin wing conversion

Mathduv

Tamiya 1/32 F-4 thin wing conversion

Hi Folks. 
Here is my 1/32 Phantom thin wing conversion.
Be aware that there is a lot of other steps necessary to achieve a true B Phantom conversion, but this is a good start point.

For the general "how to", please refer to my topic on LSP.

Better cut the outer panel parts in 0.5mm sheet as the original wing is 1mm (assemble 2 to get the thickness) the inner detail was cut in 0.3 on my build.

Have fun, and if you happen to use this successfuly, dont hesitate to leave me a little comment on how it went.

Cheers.

Mathieu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks for the well thought out conversion, and for the outstanding Studio cut files. I've really enjoyed watching your progress on Large Scale Planes.

I'll follow the steps you presented in LSP to lay out a 1/72 conversion for the the new FineMolds kits. In that regard, I've scaled down and cut your patterns, and it looks promising, but will take a lot of adjustments since Tamiya and FineMolds obviously used different reference drawings.  

Thanks again for the impressively drawn file!

Gene K

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have a good friend who used your files, reduced to 1/72, on the Academy kit, and he thanks you! I'll post a pic once he's finished. 

As an aside, I've reworked your 3D intakes to fit into the Hasegawa 1/72 F-4 series. So thanks again from a lot of us for those "starter" files.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
Changed target kit from FineMolds to Academy
  • Like 1