1:32 Meteor F4 Now Finished

MikeC

I uploaded a file of Meteor roundels and walkways a little while ago. 

And here's the Meteor with the roundels painted - apologies for the "quick'n'dirty" photo.   With hindsight, I would have traced and done the fin flash with the Silhouette as well; as it was, I used Tamiya tape and it was probably a lot more work.

20210818_162404.jpg

One more colour to do, ie black for the unit codes, serials and walkways.  I'm doing VT112/XL-S of 226 OCU, a fighter training unit based at RAF Bentwaters in the immediate post-war years.  (As an aside, they also operated a few Tempest IIs, and my SH example is earmarked for XL-Y.)

Thanks for looking.

Edited by MikeC
  • Like 3

When you use decals, you can see the model gradually, slowly evolving - hopefully into what you'd envisaged - as you work.  The gratifying thing about using the masks is that it's a bit quicker: you add lots of masking and do a bit of painting, and nothing seems to happen

20210821-131302.jpg

Then suddenly, seemingly in an instant, the masks come off, et voila!

20210821-132458.jpg

OK, the walkway lines are a little uneven in width, but I can live with that.  What I can't live with (although I did seriously consider it) is that the starboard "S" is noticeably above where it should be.  I've no idea how that happened, I blame the bench gremlins.  Now I'm particularly glad I included a spare on the mask sheet.  So not 10 minutes after the big reveal, it was out with a fine sanding stick, off with the "S", and a quick touch-up of the silver; the new S goes on next session when the touch-up's cured.

Edited by MikeC
  • Like 4

• MikeC changed the title to 1:32 Meteor F4 Now Finished
11 hours ago, Kevin Futter said:

I'll definitely go ahead with it, I just need to find the time to set it up! Hopefully this week.

Kev

Excellent Kev; I'm into the painting and masking stage of my Hawker Fury, I've been keeping a record of progress so will post it there when you've set things up.