Scale questions

Giorgos

Hello to all does any can help with scale howto I resize the image to actually size that I want for cut I try scale tool inside from silhouette studio but I didn't get the right results any help will great 

Thanks  a lot and greetings from Greece. 

Hello Giorgos, welcome to the Forum. Can you tell us what the image is that you’re trying to scale to the right size please? If I’m making a German cross, or a British roundel for instance I measure it from the source material, perhaps the decal from the kit, or photograph. Then when I’ve drawn it with the Silhouette software I just enlarge the drawing to match the size that  I measured.

I’ve also taken a picture of an aeroplane from a profile in a book, a Ju88 for example, then imported that picture, or part of it, into Silhouette. Then I’ve measured an area on the kit (I only work in 1/32 scale), say by a door and scaled the drawing on screen to match that measurement. Then from that drawing I can draw the markings to the right size to fit the model!

Hope this makes sense and is some help! 
Max 

• Like 1

Thanks for reply Mozart

Just an example I take a photo from su 27 digital camo I trace the lines with the software but when I try to cut them to the size that I want they don't get right all the time it will be smaller or bigger I have to make 30 tests to get it right it there an eazy way to do something like that? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Futter said:

When it comes to testing for size and position, my advice is to use plain printer paper for your initial cutting tests, and only use the masking material once you're happy with your testing.

Kev

All ways do that otherwise I have too much oramask in trush 👍👍👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Giorgos said:

Thanks for reply Mozart

Just an example I take a photo from su 27 digital camo I trace the lines with the software but when I try to cut them to the size that I want they don't get right all the time it will be smaller or bigger I have to make 30 tests to get it right it there an eazy way to do something like that? 

I really haven’t experienced that Giorgos and I don’t have an answer. I don’t understand why or how the size you have drawn it isn’t the size that the machine cuts, it seems impossible not to be! Sorry, I’m beaten for an answer. 😥

On 28/1/2021 at 8:50 PM, Mozart said:

I really haven’t experienced that Giorgos and I don’t have an answer. I don’t understand why or how the size you have drawn it isn’t the size that the machine cuts, it seems impossible not to be! Sorry, I’m beaten for an answer. 😥

Maybe I do something wrong I am trying to figure out.