Uploading Files

Kevin Futter

To upload new mask cutting files, it's important to note that this is not done from the Forums section of the site. Instead, choose the Downloads section of the site from the main navigation menu above, as shown in the screenshot below:

1927332968_ScreenShot2020-07-19at8_23_39pm.thumb.png.88302ac455f115e05e608d6a526e6025.png

Click on the green "Submit a file" button to begin the upload process, and then choose an appropriate category for your design:

1678884634_ScreenShot2020-07-19at8_32_04pm.thumb.png.7bab98b7c9b94fc6b5e44ffd4fd1ff35.png

Note that our subcategories are expanding all the time, so if you can't find something suitable, choose the top-level category that represents the best fit.

Once you've chosen a category, click the "Continue" button, and you'll be presented with the upload screen. You'll also have the option of submitting a screenshot of your file, so that members can get an idea of what it represents. This is highly recommended if you can do it, but not required.

Scroll down further, and you'll be able to give your file a name, and a brief description. You can also give it a version number, though the system will use the default of 1.0.0. If you subsequently make revisions to the file, the system will allow you to replace it with a new one. If this happens, it's pertinent to give it an updated version number.

That's it!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, Kevin Futter said:

If you subsequently make revisions to the file, the system will allow you to replace it with a new one. If this happens, it's pertinent to give it an updated version number.

Possibly a silly question Kev, but how does one do this? I've just updated my Meteor roundels & walkways file, and it's created a whole new thread.  Did I miss something obvious? 

6 hours ago, MikeC said:

Possibly a silly question Kev, but how does one do this? I've just updated my Meteor roundels & walkways file, and it's created a whole new thread.  Did I miss something obvious? 

On the original upload, there's a "File Actions" pop-up menu link that gives you the following options:

1723278633_ScreenShot2021-08-14at7_27_07am.thumb.png.faa024dfc29e5f967d38431b2431e86e.png

The second one from the top is "Upload a new version". That's it!

Kev

• Thanks 1

Many thanks Kev; now uploaded to the original thread.  The second thread has been reported with a request to delete.

My apologies to you for causing extra work, also you and anyone else if this has caused confusion.

I'm off to find some sackcloth and ashes ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

I have traced RAF WW2 aircraft code/serial fonts in Silhouette Studio (basic edition) and want to upload it. The software does not allow me to save it in any other format than Silhouettes own format, is it OK for me to upload it anyways despite it being for Silhouette only?

If anyone with the higher tiers of the software would be willing to convert it for me to a more universal format like DFX or something that other cutters can use I would appreciate it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, snigel79 said:

I have traced RAF WW2 aircraft code/serial fonts in Silhouette Studio (basic edition) and want to upload it. The software does not allow me to save it in any other format than Silhouettes own format, is it OK for me to upload it anyways despite it being for Silhouette only?

If anyone with the higher tiers of the software would be willing to convert it for me to a more universal format like DFX or something that other cutters can use I would appreciate it.

The Silhouette format is perfectly OK, as it represents what the majority of us use anyway, but a more universal format is always preferable by definition. So, upload away!

Kev

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2022 at 2:50 AM, snigel79 said:

Go here to convert your Silhouette Studio file to an svg that can be used in other cutters. You could post your Studio file, and then also post the svg.:classic_biggrin:

Gene K

• Like 1