differences in the oracal masks

dashotgun

okay there is 810 and  811 and 813,   amazon only carries  813 which is  best for our purposes

edit answered my own   810 is for solvent based paint the others are for water based paint.  I also found arttool ultra mask which has been recomended by others

Edited by dashotgun
  • Like 2

I found the same thing. Only 813 on Amazon but I ordered some 810 from craftcuttersupply and some Ultramask from coastairbrush. I hadn't seem the recommendations about difference in paint usage. I do sort of 'feel' like 810 and Ultramask are better just from cutting and 'feel'.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, denders said:

I have 813 and 810, while I'm working on my first canopy mask I'm noticing that the adhesive on the 813 is a bit stickier and 813 seems to be a little stiffer.

i now  have  both and agree with the above I  ordered 810 and received the 813. the store told me to  keep it and sent the proper 810.  I have used the 813 it will stand up to typical  enamel point solvent  but it is useful where  you are only applying to a flat surface.  I use montex masks and sure enough that is 810.  FWIW there is a steep learning  curve with the included software