Silhouette Cameo blade choice?

AlbertD

So far I have only used the Auto Blade that came with my Cameo 4. I'm still learning how to set everything up and I've actually cut into the Matt at least one time. So far I have only cut some old drafting film and some Tamiya masking sheets. With the masking sheets there seems to be a fine line between cutting through and not quite cutting all the way through the masking tape and not the  backing. I bought a pack of 2mm blades but have not tried them yet.

What blades do you guys use for cutting the Oramask 810 stuff? I just got a bunch  but have not tried it yet. I hope I get a good feel for blade adjustment so I can start putting this new tool to good use.

I just use the standard blade supplied with the machine. What’s vital is not so much the blade type but the settings that you do just before you cut. I think your blade is set too deep, ie too much blade protruding from the holder, or your cutting with too much force. For Oramask 810 my blade is set to 2, force 5/6, one pass, speed 5. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mozart said:

I just use the standard blade supplied with the machine. What’s vital is not so much the blade type but the settings that you do just before you cut. I think your blade is set too deep, ie too much blade protruding from the holder, or your cutting with too much force. For Oramask 810 my blade is set to 2, force 5/6, one pass, speed 5. Hope this helps. 

I just made an absolutely perfect cut using your suggested settings on Oramask 810. Every bit as nice as store bought masks. What I didn't realize is the the blade depth needs to be set on the blade itself. 

Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1