Looking for some-one who will make a simple mask for me!

panzerrob

Hi all,

I am looking for some-one (located in Europe) who can make a simple mask for me.

I am making a diorama of a Blacksmith shop and need to airbrush "Blacksmith and name" onto the building.

anyone who is interested and we can discuss thew simple lay out and costs.

Thanks for looking,

Rob from Holland

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:07 AM, panzerrob said:

I am looking for some-one (located in Europe) who can make a simple mask for me.

Rob,

If you can't find anyone in Europe, I may be able to help. I am away from home for the next few weeks, but PM me with details ... like the font, size, etc. After I get back home, I can cut the masks for you and send them your way. No charge, but postage would be appreciated.

Gene K

• Like 2

Gene, all’s well thanks, I’ve offered to do Rob’s masks.

This is what Rob wanted:

m2XxcB.png

It’s a sign for a blacksmith’s (smederij) shop, the owner being named Klinkhamer! The larger letters are 4.5mm tall, the smaller ones 2.5mm. In this font it’s pushing the capabilities of the Silhouette for a clean usable cut but Rob can try.

Max 

Edited by Mozart
  • Like 2

Sorry Gene for my very late response, I have been too busy with work and my little diorama!

As Max wrote, he helped my out with the signs and I am impatiently awaiting their arrival.

When they arrive I will try them immideately, and will post the results (good or bad) here.

And of course my sincerest thanks to  Gene for responding, and Max for the work.

With regards,

Rob

• Like 1

Dear all,

I want to show you the result of the work that Max did

!spacer.png

spacer.png

The letters turned out a bit small, (my fault)  but I can live with that!

I needed to to some small touch ups, easy to do.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A big thanks to, and a round of applause for Mozart for his work!

With regards,

Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s a god result by Rob given how small and intricate the masks and font style were, plus the fact that he’s applied them to what appears to be a rough uneven surface…..not the kindest surface for getting a good seal and sharp edge. In this situation I always spray at right angles to the mask and gradually build up paint layers with several light passes. 

Your feedback and thanks are much appreciated Rob, sadly it doesn’t always happen! 🙁

Edited by Mozart
  • Like 1