1/32 A-10C engine latches

Red Dog

1/32 A-10C engine latches

Here is a studio file to replace A-10 engine latches.

It's not meant to cut as masks but to cut material.

Scaled for 1/32 - meant to be used with 0.3mm styrene sheet

Red for engraving, blue for cutting.

Ignore the green layer 

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 1

Thanks, Red Dog.

Good luck trying to cut .3mm styrene with your Cameo. Not to be negative, BUT I don't think you'll get good results, especially (even) using the high pressure craft blade in position 2 - the details are too fine for the blade to navigate (in my limited experience before I gave up). However, the scores on the outlines will facilitate snapping the plastic.  If you find a way to cut such thick plastic, I'd sure appreciate knowing how!

Note that Kevin opened a special section for Non-Mask Applications for great posts like yours.

Thanks again.

Gene K

EDIT' See my next post. I "misread" .3mm as .3in. Cameo does well cutting .3mm!

Edited by GeneK

Warm air can be 5° if the air it replaces is -12°C 🙂

You are right that the details might be better but that's mostly due to my lack of experience working with the cameo. 
If the engraved rivets would clear a bit more the cut lines the parts would be way better

Still the stuff it replaces is really bad so I can live with 5° good 🙂

spacer.png

I often cut 0.3mm styrene sheet with the cameo. It's probably extra wear on the blade but I actually never go through on purpose.

I finish the cut by sanding from the rear face which provides the benefit to thin even more the styrene.

Apologies if the file is misplaced. Feel free to move it around as I thought there was one unique download section.

• Like 2

Thanks, Red Dog.

Well, I goofed! :classic_blush: My old brain read .3 INCHES instead of .3MM. In that .3mm = 0.011811in, you are absolutely correct that the Cameo "can cut it" ... as you've shown

Like you, I routinely cut .010in plastic, but .015in is the limit of clean, fine cuts for my Cameos and Portrait (using the autoblade in position 1).

I'm looking forward to more posts from you here!

Gene K

• Like 1