Has anyone tried making seatbelts?

AlbertD

I have some 1/32 modern jet seatbelt buckles on the way. I was originally going to try making belts from tape or something like usual. When I was looking at the Silhouette cutting material at the store I see they have some good colors like tan, grey and olive green and others. I'm going to give cutting some seatbelts a try. The machine should even be able to replicate stitching. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

5 hours ago, Kevin Futter said:

I look forward to seeing the results of your experiments, Al. I'm a little dubious personally, but it wouldn't be the first time I was proven wrong!

Kev

May not work but I'm willing to waste a little time trying. I enjoy working through problems like this and drawing on the computer so it's a perfect project for me. I'll keep you guys posted no matter how it goes.

• Like 2

Well, here is my first try. I brought the image of the scanned Phantom seatbelts into the Studio software and figured out how to trace. It was easy once I figured it out but don't ask me to explain how I did it. Then I just sent it to the machine using some old drafting applique film I had from my old drafting days. I think this might just work. I've ordered some matt grey vinyl to try it on too.

If this looks useful to anyone I can upload the file into the sharing section.

IMG-0788.jpg

• Like 2