Oh boy, I think I'm in way over my head...or I need a better set of instructions (or both).

Juggernut

Working with a Cameo 4 and I managed to get a set of masks cut (using Oramask 810).  I had to guess at the material I was cutting and chose Vinyl-Matte... It seemed to work well.  There's so many questions I have about doing artwork for cutting.  I use Adobe Illustrator but I have not yet invested in the upgraded Silouette software (that's about to change though).  Are there instructions on how to design artwork, how to set up the roll feed, and why the damn machine always throws out way more material out the back than I need (using the rear cutter)?  I had to rewind the roll and cut only what I needed from said  roll with a pair of scissors...not the neatest cut by far so the next load will have to be a little wasteful.

I have read the instruction manual but it seems to be lacking the information I'm looking for.  That or I just don't know what I need or can't find what I want.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Juggernut

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Tim, not sure if you still need help.  I have. Cameo 3, I, like Dave use a cutting mat, I feel you have a bit more control over the amount of material you use and you can arrange your cuts on any part of the mat.  For example, if you want to print on a small 1 inch square, you can direct the cut area to that part, thus being able to use scraps of the 810 vinyl that you may have left from other cuts.  I]similarly, I used the standard setting for 650 vinyl and it worked well even for some rather small masks,. 

• Like 2