1/48 Hasegawa Hawker Typhoon Ib Tear Drop

BlueNosers352nd

My recently completed 1/48 Hasegawa Typhone Mk Ib with Montex Masks.  Only decal was the pilots kill board.  First time using masks successfully.  The issue I see for me it transferring and getting the right things to stick.  Did a little test before with Stars/Bars and that was entertaining.  Maybe I'll just stick to Japanese aircraft! 🤣

50356784708_93072eaf9f_b.jpg

50356784778_854fd9260e_b.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Hawker Typhoon Ib

Edited by BlueNosers352nd
Messed up images
  • Like 10

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is a really excellent looking Tiffie, absolutely love it.  If I have a slight quibble it would be with the positions of the two underwing roundels, not quite in the same alignment....been there many times and done exactly the same so I now apply a couple of strips of thin masking tape beforehand.  Please accept this comment as constructive criticism, taking absolutely nothing away from your build! 😁

Max

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:30 PM, BlueNosers352nd said:

The issue I see for me it transferring and getting the right things to stick.  Did a little test before with Stars/Bars and that was entertaining.

I found the same thing, but I'm now finding that like most things it gets easier and better with practice and growing confidence.

• Like 1