Please Donate!

Kevin Futter

Having just shelled out several hundred dollars in annual costs to keep Scale Model Paint Masks running, I've come to realise that it's not financially tenable for me to continue to do so. Without sponsorship or benefaction, I'm humbly going to have to ask for your collective assistance in defraying the running costs of the site. To that end, I've set up a new PayPal Donate button (below), with which you can donate any amount of your choosing, from a single dollar upwards. Any amount will help!

pixel.gif

If the button doesn't work for you, try the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=4F8UANDQKKFR4

I thank in advance those of you who are able to donate, and hope to find a better solution to covering our operating costs as we move forward.

Kev

Given the amount of “traffic” and interest shown in this site Kev, despite efforts to promote it on other forums, I have to question whether it’s worth continuing? I’m happy to throw a few pennies in the hat, but is it really money well spent?

Max 

Edited by Mozart
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Futter said:

It seems you may be right, Max.

Kev

Kev, I don’t doubt that you have contributed a lot in terms of effort and cash in opening this site, and this purely for altruistic reasons. I’m also sure lots of the masks that have freely been uploaded by those of us who enjoy using our Silhouette and Cricut machines have been used by site visitors, but there is no discussion/interaction element forthcoming. Without that, the site stagnates sadly.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2022 at 7:51 AM, Mozart said:

Given the amount of “traffic” and interest shown in this site Kev, despite efforts to promote it on other forums, I have to question whether it’s worth continuing? I’m happy to throw a few pennies in the hat, but is it really money well spent?

Max 

I have to say that pretty much sums up my thoughts too.  It would be a shame if the site were to go, but we can't expect Kev to carry on paying out of his own pocket, and are there enough members willing and able to donate to be viable?  A hard question, perhaps.  I would like to say thank you, Kev, for your work to date in setting up and running this site.

• Like 3

Thanks for your input, fellas. Truth is, if I could minimise the personal financial cost, I’d be happy to simply let the site exist in perpetuity, busy or not. But when I first launched Scale Model Paint Masks, I had a day job, and could absorb the expense. That’s no longer the case. Apart from the SSL certificate, which I’ll renew shortly, the site is paid up for another year, so it will survive at least that long, and hopefully I can make the site viable in that time. The first thing I need to change is to lead from the front and become more active here myself!

Kev

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Futter said:

The first thing I need to change is to lead from the front and become more active here myself!

I think that given your KLP Publishing activities and work on LSP, you're doing as much as you reasonably can on here, and we thank you for it.

• Like 3